Lambing at Brooksby!

Posted by mrssshaw on Tuesday Mar 7, 2017 Under Uncategorized

The weather was glorious, class 1 & 2 were fantastic and the animals were brilliant!

Farmers Rose & Carol welcomed us and we learnt so much about moles, badgers, sheep, cows, pigs and so much more…

The highlight of our visit was when a kindly ewe decided to give birth to her lamb just as we were visiting and we were in awe watching it all.

We enjoyed stroking a beautiful one day old lamb too.

The children managed the muddy walk there and back brilliantly (sorry about the muddy clothes!) We decided it was a super and very memorable day and I am sure the children slept well last night with all that exercise, fresh air, learning and fun!

4 Responses to “Lambing at Brooksby!”

1. Bella Says:

Bella said “I liked visiting the farm very much, my favourite part was seeing the lamb being born, and I liked learning about all of the different animals”. “Farmer Carol and Farmer Rose were very nice and taught us lots.”

2. mrssshaw Says:

I’m happy you enjoyed the visit Bella. I did too!
    The new baby lamb was my favourite part too.

I agree Farmer Rose & Farmer Carol were so kind and so helpful.

3. Annie Says:

Annie said my favourite part was seeing the mummy pig called the sow and I learned that pigs poo in the same place. They are the cleanest animals in the place!

4. mrssshaw Says:

I liked the sow too Annie. I felt sorry for her carrying 12 piglets in her tummy!!
    Pigs are very clever animals aren’t they?