Welcome to your homework page.

This is where you can look to see what you have for homework

Homework 22nd September

In maths this week, we have been learning to sequence numbers and find out the rule for each sequence. We found it helpful to put counters on the numbers on a 100 square to help us.

So for your maths homework-

Y1- Please complete the missing number sheet. See if you can tell your grown up what the rule for each one is.

Y2- Please complete the sheet on number sequences.

Remember to use your 100 square to help you.

Don’t forget to use the number games on the blog for extra practise if you wish. They are under ‘useful websites’ in class 2’s blog.

For your literacy homework-

Please learn your spellings for a test on Thursday. Please keep the spelling books in your book bag. Remember to have a little practice of the previous week if you have time.

We have been learning about using commas in a list this week.

Y2- Please complete the sheet about commas on the lined paper. Remember not to put a comma before the last ‘and’!

Try to keep your writing as neat as you can please.

Please continue to read daily- (or as often as possible) to an adult, remember to discuss your book, ask & answer questions about the book and tell your grown-up about what you have read.

Please ask your grown-up to write any comments in your reading record, so I know you have read.

Please hand your homework in by Wednesday if you can.

Have a lovely weekend!

Thank you,

Mrs. Shaw

Homework 15th September

For your literacy homework-

Please learn your spellings for a test on Thursday. Try spending a few minutes a day practising them and remember you will be tested in a random order! Please keep the spelling books in your book bag.

Y2- Please complete the book review sheet. Choose any book to write it about. It could be your school book or any other you choose.

Please note, I have included a list of exception (tricky) words that your child is expected to spell by the end of the year. We are working on these in class alongside their spellings but if you have any spare time to practice these throughout the year, it would be really beneficial for your child. These are yours to keep. Thank you for your support.

For your maths homework-

Y1- Please complete the 1 more/1 less sheet. We have done a similar one in class but this one has different numbers!

Y2- Please complete the sheet on 1 more/10 more, 1 less/10 less

For those children who have chosen a speaking part for the harvest service, please remember to practise the words sent home in book bags yesterday. Thank you

Have a lovely weekend!

Thank you,

Mrs. Shaw

Class 2 2017-2018

Homework 8th September

Parents- Just a little note about homework as we start off the year.

Please note the homework is meant to compliment work covered in class. It is a snapshot consolidation of the week’s work in accordance with the school policy. Please try to help your child to complete it wherever possible.

You know your child best- if they would like to extend their learning further; feel free to play the maths games on class 2’s blog (under resources) or other important activities such as cooking, board games, tracing , sewing etc.

If your child is struggling with the homework please note it down on the sheet & stop it where you feel appropriate.

Please don’t let there be tears over homework, I want to work with you to help your child the best we can to love learning. Any questions, feel free to pop in!

For your literacy homework-

Y2- Please complete the double-sided sheet to help you with your spellings.

Please read daily- (or as often as possible) to an adult, remember to discuss your book, ask & answer questions about the book and tell your grown-up about what you have read. Please ask your grown-up to write any comments in your reading record, so I know you have read.

Remember you do not have to read a whole book each night! A few pages are absolutely fine!

For your maths homework-

Y1- Please play the number card challenge with a grown-up.

Use the 100 square (on the lilac sheet) to help you.

Y2- Please complete the sheet on counting forwards & back to 100. Remember to look for the patterns on the 100 square.

Please keep the 100 square in your folder to help you with future maths homework.

Have a lovely weekend!

Thank you,

Mrs. Shaw

Homework for 24th February

For your Literacy homework, I would like you to practice saying your spellings in a sentence. Putting spellings in context helps children to learn to use them in their writing more.

Don’t forget your spellings (and timetables Y2) for a test on Thursday.

Y1 please keep practising your phonic bubbles. Please keep them in your book bag so we can assess the children in school, thank you.

Keep reading your reading book as often as you can please.

For your maths/topic homework this week we have been learning in class about fractions so please complete the double sided sheet. Y2 use your 100 square to help you halve and quarter numbers. Remember to halve, then halve again to find a quarter of a number. (I’ve included a 100 square on the back of this sheet for those who cannot find theirs.)

Remember to have a go on the fraction games on the blog if you can.

http://resources.hwb.wales.gov.uk/VTC/ngfl/ngfl-flash/fractions/fractions.html

Please hand your homework in on Wednesday.

Any problems please pop in and see me or feel free to note anything down on your child’s homework.

Thank you,

Mrs. Shaw

Homework for 13th January

For your homework this week please continue your reading to a grown up. Lots of you are recording the questions you are asking which is wonderful. Well done to so many of you for your regular reading.

Y2 Please complete the short reading comprehension sheet.

Y1 Please practice saying the names and the sounds of the letters of the alphabet (NOT singing it!) Many children are unable to say the alphabet slowly and carefully in order. Please also practice asking your child what letter comes before ‘e’ for example, or after ‘n’. I will be testing the children again in class next week.

For your maths homework I would like you to complete your double-sided sheet on Telling the Time. Please visit the games on Time on the blog for further consolidation.

Have fun!

Thank you,

Mrs. Shaw

Homework for 6th January

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

For your maths homework I would like you to complete your double-sided sheet on Telling the Time. Many of the children have found this topic difficult, so please support your child where necessary, thank you. Please visit the games on Time on the blog for further consolidation if you can.

Y1 please keep practising your phonic bubbles. Please keep them in your book bag so we can assess the children in school, thank you. Keep reading your reading book as often as you can please.

Y2 for your Literacy homework this week, I would like you to answer questions about your reading to your grown up. We have been doing this in class and it is tricky to find the words in the text that give you the answer- e.g. ‘Where in the text does it tell you that Fred is scared? Show me the words, which page are they on?’ This is a very important skill to master, thank you again for your support!

Have fun!

Thank you,

Mrs. Shaw

Homework for 9th December

There is no homework this week as mentioned previously, the children are getting tired and have lots more fun festivities to enjoy!

However, the children can always read and enjoy books and play the maths games on the blog.

As next term we will be revisiting the maths topic ‘Time’, it would be lovely if children could practice telling the time over Christmas. Y2 are required to tell the time to the nearest 5 minutes and Y1 to the nearest half hour.

Thank you for all your help and support with homework this term (and everything else!).

Wishing you all a very Happy & Peaceful Christmas!

Mrs Sarah Shaw

Homework for 2nd December

For your homework this week please continue to practice your words (if you have any) for the Nativity. Remember to use a really loud voice so you will be heard at the back of the hall.

Please continue your reading and discussion to a grown up.

For your maths homework I would like you to look at the 2D shapes on the back of this sheet. Please try to learn their names (and Y2 please learn how many corners and how many sides each shape has.)

Here are also some shape games to play on the blog.

http://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/5-7-years/shapes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks1/maths/shapes/play/

http://www.topmarks.co.uk/symmetry/symmetry-matching

For your topic homework Y2 I would like you to complete the acrostic poem sheet. (Remember how we did acrostic bonfire poems in class to help you.)

Y1 please continue to practise your phonic bubbles. Please keep them in your book bag so we can assess the children in school, thank you.                         Well done to those who have completed theirs!

Please learn your spellings (and timetables Y2) for a test on Thursday.

Please note this will be the last week of homework & spellings/times tables this term. As the following week we will be busy enjoying fun festivities of pantomimes, parties, Christmas Workshop and maybe even a visit from the man in red too!

Thank you,

Mrs. Shaw

Homework for 25th November

For your maths homework I would like you to complete the sheet. Try to complete it on your own if you can but of course ask your grown up for help if you need it.

Y1 please continue to practise your phonic bubbles. Please keep them in your book bag so we can assess the children in school, thank you.

Have fun!

Thank you,

Mrs. Shaw

Homework for 18th November

For your homework this week please continue to learn your words (if you have any) for the Nativity. Rehearsals are well on the way, so please try to know your lines by heart.

Please learn your spellings (and timetables Y2) for a test on Thursday. Little and often is the best way to go about learning them!

For your maths homework I would like you to complete the maths challenge on the reverse of this sheet.

For your literacy homework please complete the phonics sheets that link in with your spellings and phonics.

Y1 please continue to practise your phonic bubbles that came home earlier this week. Please keep them in your book bag so we can assess the children in school, thank you.

Have fun!

Thank you,

Mrs. Shaw

Homework for 11th November

For your maths homework I would like you to complete your sheet on fact families. Don’t forget the challenge on the back!

Please also continue to learn your words (if you have any) for the Nativity. Rehearsals have started in earnest, so remember to keep your scripts in your book bag please.

Y1 please practise your phonic bubbles that came home earlier this week. Please keep them in your book bag so we can assess the children in school, thank you.

For your topic homework, I’d like you do some ‘talking homework’. Please can you talk to a grown up about Remembrance Sunday? Find out for example why we wear poppies, who we are remembering and how we might show our respect

Have fun!

Thank you,

Mrs. Shaw

Homework for 4th November

Please note this homework is also now uploaded on the blog under the ‘homework’ tab.

For your homework this week I would like you to read as often as possible to a grown up. Please spend time talking about the book.

For your Literacy homework I would like you to record the weather each day on the sheet. Please try to spend time talking to your grown up about the weather and if possible watch a weather forecast on the television. Remember to use capital letters and full stops please. You can use some lovely descriptive words too – like torrential or shimmering.

Year 2

As many of you will be watching fireworks this week, (if you haven’t already) for your topic homework I would like you to read the firework safety information on the back of this sheet and then make a safety poster on the plain page. I would like you to use imperative (bossy) verbs to start your sentences, as we’ve practiced in class. For example ‘Wear gloves when holding a sparkler!’ Remember to use punctuation and make your poster bright and colourful. Be as creative as you like!

Year 1

As many of you will be watching fireworks this week, (if you haven’t already) for your topic homework I would like you to make a lovely bonfire/firework picture. You can be as imaginative as you like, think about the colours and the shapes of the fireworks. You can use paints, felts, crayons or even make a collage. .

Don’t forget there are loads of maths games to play on the blog too.

Please hand your homework in on Friday this week, so you can complete your weather chart. Any problems please pop in and see me or feel free to note anything down on your child’s homework.

Have fun!

Thank you,

Mrs Shaw

Homework for 28th October

For your homework this week I would like you to read as often as possible to a grown up. Please spend time talking about the book. (There are some hints on the back of this page about what sorts of questions you could ask.)

Year 1 –included is the phonics sheet I mentioned at Parents Evening. Please keep this and practice with your child whenever you have a spare 5 mins. Thank you.

As you may be aware the whole school is having a Classical Composer day next Thursday. Class 2 will be learning about Vivaldi’s Four Seasons composition, linking in with our weather topic. Please find out as much as you can about Vivaldi and try to listen to some of his music if possible. (see the link below as an example.) The blank piece of paper is to record some facts you have discovered. It could be a poster or a mind map, however you choose- be as creative as you like! You may wish to draw a picture of him on the reverse.

http://www.pianolessons4children.com/composers/vivaldi.php

Don’t forget your spellings and timetables for a test on Friday this week –due to composer day. Don’t forget to use the maths games links on the blog.

Please hand your homework in by Wednesday. Any problems please pop in and see me or feel free to note anything down on your child’s homework.

Thank you,

Mrs Shaw

Homework for 1st July                        

For your Maths homework this week, I would like you to go on the blog if possible and play some of the Maths games under the ‘useful websites’ tab.

If you can’t access the blog, please play some board games like snakes and ladders or any card games, practise telling the time and exchanging coins too if you can.

For your topic homework this week, as we have been looking at old-fashioned toys, I would like you to complete the sheet on your favourite toy. Please draw it carefully and write why you like it so much, what you think it’s made of and how it might be the same or different from olden day toys.

Remember to read some pages of your book each night and talk about it with an adult.

Remember to learn your spellings and times tables for a test on Tuesday. As these will be your last spelling and times tables tests for this year, I would like you to revise ALL your spellings and All your times tables. The test will be any 11 spellings or any 13 random times table from this year!

Please hand your homework in by Wednesday

Thank you,

Mrs Shaw

Homework for 24th June

For your Maths homework this week, we are looking at Telling the Time.

Please complete the sheets (which are double-sided.) Also please practise telling the time on an analogue clock whenever you can.

Here are some games to help you:

http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/maths/measures.htm

http://www.teacherled.com/iresources/time/timeset/

For your Literacy homework this week, I would like you to complete the reading comprehension on Sunflowers. Hopefully you will remember some facts from when we were growing them!

Remember to learn your spellings and times tables for a test on Monday.

Thank you,

Mrs Shaw

Homework for 17th June  

For your maths homework this week, we are looking at doubling numbers.

Y1 Please learn your doubles to 10 for a test next week.

Y2 please learn your doubles to 20 for a test next week.

(Please see the reverse of this sheet)

Here is a game you may wish to play:

http://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button

For your topic homework this week, I would like you to design your own school uniform. Be as creative as you like! You can label your drawing if you wish to give extra details. It can be modern or old fashioned and you can draw a girl’s and a boy’s uniform if you like. Please draw it on the plain sheet included. Have fun with it!

Remember to learn your spellings and times tables for a test on Tuesday.

Please hand your topic homework in by Wednesday and learn your maths doubles by Wednesday also. (Your test will be on Thursday or Friday).

Thank you,

Mrs Shaw

Homework for 10th June                        

Please learn your spellings for a test on Tuesday. Remember your new spellings are given out on a Tuesday so you have a week to learn them. Try to practise them every day, little and often works best. See if you can spot your spelling words elsewhere, like in your reading book, library books, out and about on signs or newspapers etc.

Y2 learn your times tables too for a test on Tuesday please. Please have a quick check over previous weeks’ times tables too.

Please read daily to an adult, remember to discuss your book, predict what may happen next and talk about the characters’ feelings. Please get an adult to sign that you have read to them. Remember you receive a dojo point every time you read and an adult signs your book!

For your maths homework, please complete the sheets on number and money. Please check on the back as the sheets are double sided.

Here are some games you may wish to play:

http://www.topmarks.co.uk/Flash.aspx?f=coins

http://www.topmarks.co.uk/Flash.aspx?f=howmuchleftv2

As we are learning about what schools were like in the past, your topic homework this week is ‘talk’ homework. Please talk to a grown-up about what school was like in their day. If you are able to ask grandparents too that would be even better. Ask them questions such as those listed on the back of this page. You may wish to make notes or ask your adult if they mind writing down their memories after sharing them with you.

Please also remember to keep practising the flash cards sent home a few weeks ago as we are assessing them in school!

Please hand your maths and topic homework (if written down) by Wednesday.

Thank you,

Mrs Shaw

Homework for 27th May

Your homework is to have a lovely half-term and to enjoy being with your family.

Your new spellings and times tables will be given out on 7th June and you will be tested upon them on the 14th June.

Have a wonderful time!

Mrs Shaw

Homework for 20th May

I hope you are enjoying your topic homework tree study. Remember you have another week to complete this. Have you drawn it or taken a photo of it? What is special about the tree you have chosen? Do any animals or birds live in your tree? Have you stuck a leaf on your page? What can you find out about why trees are so important to us?

Here are some short video clips that may help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1B5wMF3n0I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ky1lIM_Gok

For your maths homework, please complete the sheet on number.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks1/maths/

Please also remember to keep practising the flash cards sent home a couple of weeks ago!

Please hand your maths and topic homework by Wednesday.

Thank you,

Mrs Shaw

Homework for 13th May

Your homework this week is to complete the Maths sheets on number and reasoning. Remember to explain your answers, this is the tricky part!

Here are some games on number:

https://nrich.maths.org/893

Please learn your spellings for a test on Tuesday. You could if you wish put them into sentences to practise and also try the ‘Look, cover, write’ method.

Y2 learn your times tables too for a test on Tuesday please.

Please read daily to an adult, remember to discuss your book, predict what may happen next and talk about the characters’ feelings. Please get an adult to sign that you have read to them.

For your topic homework I would like you to take two weeks to do this task. I would like you to choose a tree in your garden, or near your home. Can you draw it carefully and label the parts of it?: petals, (if it has flowers) leaves, bark, trunk etc. Remember to find out its name too. You could even try a bark rubbing of it! On the back of the sheet, write down any facts about it you can find out about it; when does it flower?, does it like shade? What does its fruit look like? How does it change over the seasons? Have fun learning about it.

Here is a website that may help you:

http://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/naturedetectives/

Please hand your maths homework in by Wednesday. (Please hand your topic homework in the following Wednesday).

Thank you,

Mrs Shaw

Homework for 6th May

Your homework this week is to complete the Maths sheets on reading scales and on measuring in cm and mm.

Here are some games on measuring:

http://www.funbrain.com/measure/

http://www.maths-games.org/measurement-games.html

Please learn your spellings for a test on Tuesday please. You could if you wish put them into sentences to practise and also try the ‘Look, cover, write’ method.

Please read daily to an adult, remember to discuss your book, predict what may happen next and talk about the characters’ feelings.

For your Literacy homework this week, I would like you to complete the sheet on Roald Dahl. As we’ve been enjoying the class story of ‘The Twits’, can you find out about some of the other books he wrote? What interesting facts can you find out about him? You can make a picture, a mind map, bullet points, a poster … present it anyway you like! You don’t have to write lots, you can talk to a grown up about what you have discovered.

This website may help you:

https://www.roalddahl.com/home/kids

Have Fun!

Please hand your homework in by Wednesday.                                               Thank you,

Mrs Shaw

Homework for 29th April

Your homework this week is to complete the Maths sheet on telling the time and on reading scales. The sheet contains some reasoning questions where you have to explain your reasoning. Remember to explain how you know your answer.

Here are some games on time and reading dials & scales:

http://www.teacherled.com/iresources/scales/mass/

http://www.teacherled.com/iresources/scales/temperature

http://www.teacherled.com/iresources/time/timechange/

Please learn your spellings for a test on Tuesday please. Y2 learn your times tables too for a test on Tuesday.

For your Literacy homework this week, I would like you to choose any book, read it and then discuss it with your grown up. Please can you then complete the book review sheet? Try to really think about the characters and the plot.

Have Fun!

Mrs Shaw

Homework for 22nd  April

Your homework this week is to complete the Maths sheet on 2D shapes and their properties.

Remember to play these shape games if you can

http://www.topmarks.co.uk/symmetry/symmetry-sorting

For your computing homework this week, can you complete the butterfly grid please. Remember to write your instructions as we have done for the caterpillar grid in class. Eg. To get to the purple Flower: forward 2 squares, turn left, forward 1 …

For your Literacy homework this week;

I would like you to practise the phonemes (sounds) on your sheets. Cut them into flashcards if you wish. Try to practise them for a couple of minutes each day. Ask a grown up to help you by testing you please. We will be testing them in class.

Have Fun!

Homework for 15th April

Your homework this week is to complete the Maths sheet on fractions. The sheet contains some reasoning questions where you have to explain your reasoning. Remember, as we say in class ‘convince me!’

If you need more space for your answer, you can use the back of the sheet. Remember to ask an adult for help if you need it.

Remember to play these fractions games from last time if you haven’t already done so.

http://www.oswego.org/ocsd-web/games/fractionflags/fractionflags.html

http://www.oswego.org/ocsd-web/games/fractionflags/ffthirds.html

For your Literacy homework this week, I would like you to complete the reading comprehension on Bats. Remember to check back to the text for your answers!

Have Fun!

Mrs Shaw

Homework for 24th March

Your homework for the Easter holidays is to have a rest and spend time with your family.

You have all worked so hard and you deserve it!

Remember you can read books from the library, play board games, paint, colour, weigh out ingredients for baking, or revisit the links on the blog over the last term if you wish.

Have fun and don’t eat too much chocolate!!

Homework for 18th March

Your homework this week is to complete the Maths sheet on fractions. Remember to ask an adult for help if you need it.

Here are some games to help you understand fractions more. Remember we have looked at fractions of numbers and fractions of shapes.

We have also been learning that ½ = 2/4 and ¼ = 2/8 . Can you remember any others?

For your Literacy homework this week, I would like you to practise your handwriting. We have been practising hard in class to form our letters correctly, starting in the correct place and adding flicks onto them. We have been checking the size of our capital letters too. Please complete the sheet and feel free to practise more at home. Practise makes perfect!

Have Fun!

Please hand your homework in by Wednesday.

Thank you,

Mrs Shaw

Homework for 11th March

Your homework this week is to learn your spellings for a test on Tuesday please. Y2 learn your times tables too for a test on Tuesday.

Please complete the Clic maths sheet. Ask an adult for help if you need to.

For topic work this week I would like you to do some talk (not write) homework please. As we have started learning about Florence Nightingale, I would like you to talk to a grown up about the following things:

What did Florence Nightingale do?

How did Florence Nightingale help the hospitals when she first arrived in Turkey?

What words tell you that Florence Nightingale enjoyed learning to become a nurse?

Have you ever been unwell? Who helped you? How did it make you feel to know that somebody was helping you?

The following website may help you:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/primaryhistory/famouspeople/florence_nightingale/

We will be discussing this in class so your talk homework will be a big help for that, thank you.

Mrs Shaw

Homework for 26th February

Your homework this week is to learn your spellings for a test on Tuesday please. Y2 learn your times tables too for a test on Tuesday. (Y1 can practise counting in 10s, 2s and 5s forwards and backwards & look at the patterns in the sequences.)

Please complete the ‘clic challenge’ maths sheet. Ask an adult for help if you need to.

We have been looking at multiplication in maths this week (through repeated addition). If you fancy playing the game at home that the Y2 have used in school, then here is the link. (Y1 feel free to have a go if you like but you may need some help.)

http://www.snappymaths.com/multiplication/earlymult/interactive/repadd/repaddframe.htm

For your science topic work this week, can you go with an adult on a learning walk and spot which materials have been used to make items you see and complete the sheet? E.g. you may spot wood has been used to make a fence. Can you spot any unusual uses of materials on your walk? Have fun but stay safe with your adult.(The sheet is being sent home loose so you don’t need to take your book out with you!)

Mrs Shaw

Tuesday 2nd February

Dear Parents,

Some parents with Ipads have expressed concern about accessing the links for homework. Firstly please don’t worry if you can’t, there are always activities you can do with your child which will be equally  valuable.  These could be playing money games with real coins, exchanging values of coins & giving change or learning to tell the time on a clock at home etc. Your child will never be told off for not accessing the games!

If you do wish to use your Ipads, and you are getting an error message saying you must have Adobe flash downloaded, then I suggest you download a suitable browser such as Puffin (free) or Photon.

1. Go onto App store   2. Search Puffin browser   3. Download & install it (for free)   4. Use Puffin browser to access the blog and the links should work!

Hope this helps, any problems pop in to see me.

Mrs Shaw

Friday 29th January

Please learn your spellings for a test on Friday.

Mrs Williams/Walpole – split vowel digraph

cake, rake, game, train, grain, chain

Mrs Hutchison’s group –

beautiful, absolutely, through, because, although, algorithm, programme, computer, badge, Rearsby

Mr Wolfe’s – or sound

paw, thorn, sort, form, sword

Mrs Shaw/Matthew’s group – split vowel digraph

race, write, kite, wrote, hike, space, blue, yellow, purple, sea

Literacy / Computing

We have been learning about algorithms and instructions this week. Try to give instructions to to someone to do something, like clean their teeth or make a sandwich. Can they follow your instructions? If not what can you change to make them easier to follow?

Computing

Play on dance mat typing, remember to put your fingers on the correct keys!!

http://play.bbc.co.uk/play/pen/g8s4pb547b

Friday 22nd January

Please learn you spellings for a test on Friday.

Mrs Hutchison’s group – ‘wh’

who, what, where, which, when, why, wheel, whisk, whole, whisker, whisper, whip

tape, cape, cake, slide, glide, cube, from, first, laugh, hopeful

Mr Wolfe’s – or sound

Lawn, yawn, born, Paul, floor

Mrs Williams/Walpole

chip, thick, with, sang, shop, quack

Maths

Find at least five items in your house and see how much they weigh in grams.

Now use your hands to measure the length of at least five things.

Don’t forget to learn your times tables and read your book to an adult.

Have fun.

Friday 15th January

Not only are we learning about time in maths, we are also learning about money.

Here are the games you have seen this week. The first game takes you shopping. You can choose which level you’d like to try by selecting the level in the top right hand corner of the game.

http://www.ictgames.com/payForIt/index.html

In this game you need to help Molly buy things from Pablo by paying the correct amount of money.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks1/maths/money/play/popup.shtml

The Great Fire of London

Make a poster using everything you know about The Great Fire of London. You can use the link from last weeks homework to help you.

Learn your spellings for a test on Friday.

Mrs Hutchison’s group

chip, light, church, people, please, water, thought, mouse, called, August

Mrs Shaw/Matthew’s group

money, donkey, chimney, penny, funny, silly, whole, sure, who, Tuesday

Mr Wolfe’s

glue, true, clue, choose, moon, soon

Mrs William’s and Walpole’s group have a sound sheet to complete and games to play such as eye spy (use the sound the leter makes, not the name, e.g apple begins with a, not A). As well as find objects beginning with b, not B, e.g ball, bag, etc.

Tuesday 12th January

Hi Class 2, here are the extra games on telling the time we talked about and looked at in class. Have a go with them and if they are a bit tricky, ask a grown up to help.

Friday 8th January.

Maths

We are learning about time in Maths.

Year ones, use the link below to set the clock to the correct time (you can try the year 2 game if you want to as well after).

http://www.iboard.co.uk/iwb/Set-the-Clock-Getting-Started-1432 set the hour only

Year twos, use the link below to set the clock to the correct time (you can play the year 1 game as well if you want to).

http://www.iboard.co.uk/iwb/Set-the-Clock-Getting-Started-1432 set the half past only

Spellings

Remember, you can learn your spellings however suites you best. This might not be by using a pencil initially. You might want to build the words from Lego or write it with crayons for example. You will need to learn your spellings every day to give them a chance of sticking in your memory. Have fun!

Mrs Hutchison and Mrs Shaw/Matthew’s spelling group, your spellings are below:

don’t, won’t, can’t, couldn’t, shouldn’t, wouldn’t, I’ll, didn’t, where, Wednesday.

Mrs Williams and Walpole’s group, please learn:

bump, help, tuft, belt, fund.

Mr Wolfe’s group, please learn the spellings below:

ball, as, so, after, another, about.

The Great Fire of London

See how much you can remember from what we have learnt this week. Can you put out the Great Fire using the bucket?

http://www.fireoflondon.org.uk/game